American Samoa Departament of Health

Agreement between User and American Samoa Department of Health (ASDOH)

Introduction and Acceptance of Agreement

Welcome to American Samoa Department of Health Repatriation Portal. The American Samoa Department of Health Repatriation Portal (the “Portal”) is intended for residents of American Samoa currently stranded in Hawaii and US Mainland who wish to be repatriated. The Portal is designed to allow the resident to be considered for the American Samoa Government Repatriation Program. The application will be made available conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein (the “Terms”).

Application to the Repatriation Program is voluntary. Once your application is submitted, you agree to fulfilling all of the required quarantine and tests during the duration of the program. Please read these Terms carefully, and contact us if you have any questions. By using the Portal you are indicating that you have read these Terms. Upon accepting the terms and conditions, you understand that travel during a pandemic has inherent risks and is especially not advised for those with underlying medical conditions. You also understand that you assume all medical risks and costs beyond what is provided under terms of the ASG Repatriation Program.

Do not continue to use the Portal if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.

The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement, and all Agreements:

  • “Resident”, “Applicant”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the applicant
  • “The Department”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us” refers to American Samoa Department of Health
  • “Party”, Parties”, or “Us” refers to both the Applicant and the American Samoa Department of Health

Description of Quarantine Conditions

Community members of American Samoa have the same comorbidities that put them at risk for the COVID-19 in the US. With just one or two serious cases of COVID-19, hospitals would quickly be overwhelmed, and infection control capacity would be exceeded. Data is showing that testing passengers within 72 hours prior to departure, or upon arrival only detects 40% of those identified with COVID-19, the other 60% were identified later during on-island quarantine. ASDOH and other island communities recognize that an additional safety factor is needed thus the need for pre-board full quarantine.

To ensure the health and safety of American Samoa, the repatriation program will utilize a non-congregate monitored quarantine (of 7-14 days) with testing prior to entry and during the completion of quarantine in addition to 14 days full quarantine and testing upon arrival in American Samoa. We reserve the right to disqualify applicants in order to: (1) reduce the risk of SARS CoV-2 entry and transmission within the Territory of American Samoa (2) ensure that program participants can safely undergo the long period of quarantine.

By accepting the Terms, you acknowledge and agree that;

  • If your test is positive during the time of pre-board quarantine, you will be disqualified and will be asked to reapply for a later flight.
  • Failure to comply with quarantine requirements may lead to possible jeopardizing of others in the same travel party and will result in immediate disqualification of travelers from repatriation and removal from the quarantine site.

Privacy Statement

Registration information as well as your medical history will be collected via the Portal. Your medical history and nonmedical information is important in determining your qualification for the Repatriation Program. Your nonmedical information may be shared with the Attorney General’s office. Protecting your private information is a priority for all parties involved in the Repatriation Program. The Portal’s use of the information collected is in accordance with local and federal laws. All medical information will remain confidential in accordance with HIPAA law.

Data Protection

ASDOH shall implement and maintain reasonable procedures for protecting personal information in compliance with applicable law.

Notification of Changes To Terms

We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time to better reflect:

  • Changes to the law
  • New regulatory requirements, or
  • Improvements or enhancements made to American Samoa Repatriation program

If an update affects your legal rights as a user to the Portal, we’ll notify you prior to the updates effective date by sending an email to the email address associated with your application. These updated terms will be effective no less than 30 days from when we notify you.

Acceptance of Terms Clause

Use of this service indicates acceptance of ASDOH terms. All questions, comments, or enquiries should be directed by email or by phone (684) 633-5871 or (684) 633-5872.